[ASL] ASL Lunch, socials, updates, and more!

aah09 at hampshire.edu aah09 at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 18 11:51:34 EDT 2012

Hi signers!

Are you as excited about this semester as I am?!  Seriously, it's
going be amazing!

Why?  Well, to start, ASL LUNCH begins TOMORROW!  Then there are
socials, and other updates (a long email, they will not be this long
in the future):

-ASL Lunch
Every Wednesday, 12-1pm
Back room of the Hampshire Dining Commons
No meal plan?  There will be a sign in sheet at the front desk with Roberta.
Any and all levels welcome.  Please know, though, that our aim isn't
to teach, but to facilitate and encourage practice and confidence!
And hang out while eating free food.  But that is besides the point!
(Div Is can get CEL 1 credit!)

There is a Northampton ASL Social tonight!  (I will send more advanced
notice in the future, promise!) See attached message for details.

- Super cool!!! There is a Magic Show at the American School for the
Deaf in West Hartford, CT this Saturday the 22nd!  7:00pm, Ward Gym,
free admission (thanks to the sponsor, Sprint!)

-Make sure to check the ASL Collective Hampedia page every so often!
We will be posting events (like movies, socials) and there is an
awesome list of commonly confused signs - check it out, add to it,
print it, use it! https://hampedia.org/wiki/ASL_Collective

-Anyone interested in becoming a signer for the student group next
semester?  We will need 3 new people for next year!!!  It's not a huge
commitment, and Jessie, Elisabeth, and I will show you the ropes.
Start thinking about it!

That's all for now, folks!  Have a wonderful, rainy week - see you tomorrow!
Peace,
Amy, Jessie, and Elisabeth