[ASL] Interesting Articles + Social

Amy Hambidge aah09 at hampshire.edu
Thu Mar 10 15:11:20 EST 2011

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow!  Spring break!  Whoot!!!  That's pretty much all I can coherently
convey at this point.  That, and here are two cool articles I have come across
in the past two days:

---"Deaf dog adopted by deaf kids after learning sign language"--> Sign Language
and an adorable dog and happy children!  Who could ask for more?  It's cute.
http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/deaf-dog-adopted-by-deaf-kids-after-learning-sign-language

---"Legislators look to change education laws"--> This is an article my mommy
sent me from our area newspaper.  In Connecticut, there is a proposal, among a
few, to make ASL count as a foreign language instead of an elective!  So cool!
http://www.newstimes.com/default/article/Legislators-look-to-change-education-laws-1042994.php

Also, below are the details on the social next Tuesday if you're around!
Have a wonderful, fantastic, amazing, relaxing, warm and happy spring break!
Peace,
Amy