[ASL]three events this week...

Laura M. Vitkus lvitkus at hampshire.edu
Tue Nov 18 15:12:09 EST 2003

Greetings!

In addition to our regular Silent Lunch on Thursday in SAGA, I would
like to let you know about three events happening in the deaf
community this week.

1.  This Thursday night, the HEAF (Hearing/Deaf) group meets for its
monthly gathering down at the Home Town Buffet in West Springfield
from 5:30 PM on.  This group is a very relaxed, anything goes kind of
collection of people.  The location isn't the greatest, but it's a
comfortable setting for those just starting out learning sign
language.

2.  Holyoke Community College is having its monthly event, Silent
Pizza, this Friday night at 6:15 in their cafeteria.  This group is
made up largely of students with some of their deaf faculty and
community members in attendance.  This week will include a retirement
celebration for their coordinator of the Deaf Studies Program, and
the man who started it all, Jax Levesque.  Anyone interested in
learning sign is welcome to attend, and the pizza is FREE!  Just
bring a drink...

3.  The Springfield Deaf Club will hold their Thanksgiving Social
this Saturday night at the Moose Family Center on Fuller Road in
Chicopee.  It's usually a pot-luck including deaf Bingo and raffles.
If you want to know more about this event, let me know.

I hope to see you at lunch on Thursday!

Best,
Laura V
--