[ASL]courses at smith and performance in Dec.

Kaitlyn Millen kmam02 at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:24:53 EST 2003

Hello everyone,
I was looking at the five college course directory and found 5 or 6 graduate
level deaf studies courses (mainly with the oralist approach, as it is
connected with Clarke School for the Deaf in Northampton) and one 200-level
course at Smith.
The description wasn't too detailed so I asked the professor to send me the
syllabus. I fowarded what he sent back b/c he attached the syllabus from
last year to give a better idea. The class is called "Children Who Cannot
Hear". Even though it is looking more at the oralist approach, I think it
will be interesting to learn about it look at it with a critical eye. Check
out the attachment for more info on it!

Also, on Sat. Dec. 6 at 7:30pm and Sun Dec. 7 at 2:30pm, there is a show
called Cridders in West Hartford, CT. It is a musical performance in sign
language, dance, and mime that has been shown in the US and Canada for 25
years. I've heard that it's an amazing show for all ages- even if you don't
know sign. Let me know if you would like a copy of the flyer. Maybe we can
set up a carpool of some sort for anyone who is interested.

Have a great day!

Kaitlyn :)