[Asianmedia] Reminder about CEL-1/Hampfest+Katsu stuff

Katherine Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 11 14:03:52 EST 2014

Reminder that the way to get CEL-1 for Asian media goes like this.
We're a screening club, which means it's hard to get CEL-1 if you just show
up to meetings and watch anime.

So to get CEL-1, you gotta do the following:

-Go to a con. So far we've had about 15-20 people go per trip, Anime Boston
has about 22-23 people, and *we got the fourth room*! I know that one was
supposed to go to Grace, Jessex2, Joe and Emma? But that many people going
means just about everyone has gone to one or more cons. If you haven't, you
can do other stuff to get your CEL-1 credit. To write this up in your eval,
throw in some shit about experiencing cosplay culture and what you notice
about the subculture. What was it like, if it was your first con?Anything
you noticed about how people act, how social roles may differ from what we
experience and see outside of cons? Did you see any AWESOME costumes that
really struck you as artistic/impressive?

-help out somehow with screenings. This means bringing a charger, helping
us grab shows [thanks to matt for letting us access his crunchyroll account]

-assisting in cleanup more than once per meeting.

-I'm going to give another opportunity to help out, and that's coming with
me to grab food and help bring it in/set up the cups, plates, napkins. I'm
trying to give as many shots as possible, so I hope this works out :3

-with anime boston coming up, you can help out by helping attempt to find
parking coupons for the prudential center parking lot cause that shit is
expensive, and for cons: *keeping your car organized.* By that I mean,
making sure everyone has cash to contribute to gas, tolls and parking.

-This helps me a LOT! If you haven't noticed, I'm a person who relies on
specific and very clear details in order to not fuck things up.

HAMPFEST IS TOMORROW at...8-9:30 IN THE RCC! If you're going [there's free
food] please stop by the Asian Media table [we're under recreational, next
to Mythos and Excalibur] if you have questions about Katsu. If you're a
driver, pleeease stop by so I can give you a printed copy of the route/cry
on you.