[Asianmedia] Are you still coming to AB?

Katherine Elisabeth Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 25 22:32:19 EDT 2011

First off, we've stated before that we can't afford to have anyone drop out of
Anime Boston. This is because we have to go through a lot of paperwork with the
lists of names, keeping shit together, changing things in databases, and being
very close to having our entire registration rendered invalid if people back
out.

Anime Bostons' policy is that our amount of money HAS to match how many people
we have going, and we sent them a huge paper stack of peoples information
[remember what you filled out?]. The check has already been cut and mailed, its
done. However, if you have any reservations about going [one person's contacted
me about a conflict they hadn't remembered until now],

***YOU MUST LET THE SIGNERS KNOW BEFORE APRIL 1ST IF YOU ARE NOT COMING TO AB so
we can get all the bureaucratic bullshit out of the way as best we can**.

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR ROOM/CAR, NOW IS THE TIME TO TELL ME AND
WE'LL WORK SOMETHING OUT SO EVERYONE'S COMFY AND SHIT.
Remember, there's a signer in each room, so if you get locked out or have any
issues, we're a phone call/text away.

ARE YOU IN TIM'S CAR? If you are, you're now in the van. Tim's car will be
leaving later than originally scheduled, so if you need to go up late on Friday
or something due to a test or class you can't miss, email Tim and maybe
something can be worked out, but that's his call and not mine.

THERE WILL BE TWO MORE AB MEETINGS IN APRIL. One the week before, mostly to
exchange numbers, firm up car seating, etc. There will be another one a few
days before the convention that I'll be saying that one's a lot more mandatory.
We'll be handing out directions [I'm sure people know how to get to Boston, but
we'd like to make sure we have similar routes so we keep our uh, caravan,
close.]
and going over itinerary again. Sorry if this seems a bit extensive, but 3
signers managing a 3 day trip across the state for almost 30 people means
theres a lot to worry about xD
We'll also be answering any questions anyone has, the meeting shouldn't take too
long.

----------------------

Secondly, a few things about screenings. We don't buy a lot of food, so please
don't do the following:

1] Don't start leaping over the tables and running down the aisles the second
the pizza gets brought in and bombard the food. It's rude.

2]Don't take food and leave. Alternatively, don't show up JUST for food
scrounging. I can't believe we've even had either of these things happen. Asian
Media is now here to provide you dinner or a midnight snack, food is just a
small bonus. Please ask before you take the last piece of pizza if anyone else
would like it, that sort of thing. Basic goddamn manners.

3] IF YOU HAVE A LAPTOP AND NEED TO DO WORK, GO IN THE BACK. ROW. AND KEEP. THE.
BRIGHTNESS. LOW.  Its distracting, its rude to others, not to mention we've
actually had people -watching porn- during screenings. Yes, I am calling THAT
shit out. Laptops are fine, just keep it in the back row and not a huge
distraction.

4] Please keep the going in and out of the door to a minimum, seriously. Its
really annoying to plenty of people to hear it open and close and open and
close and open and close and open and close a gazillion times in a fifteen
minute span.

5] If you're going to have arguments about the anime we're watching, take it
outside.

Asian Media is a fun student group, and we like to keep it fun. However, that
takes respect, common courtesy and use of manners from our attendants. This
behavior has gone on for a long time, pissing a lot of people off, so please,
if it applies to you: knock it off.

These are things that've been the main complaints of people for a while, and
dammit, its about time I've addressed them.

Anyways, long email over. Thanks for reading, if you have read this far.