[Asianmedia] The Butler did it (screening for 2-21-07)

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 20 20:29:58 EST 2007

Hey Folks,

First of all, this week, Asian Media is happening in room 222, on the second
floor of ASH. I know it's a little weird but this was the only other week that
I couldn't reserve ANY of the lecture halls in FPH.

Sorry about being slow this week. Went back to Maine to rendezvous with some old
friends and somewhat forgot that people might want to have an idea about what's
being screened this week. Thankfully, it's not that heinous a transgression so
I hope you'll be lenient unlike the main character of...

Death Note: The Movie (8PM) - Based on a wildly popular and fairly awesome manga
series in the US, Death Note is the name for a Death God's notebook, one of
which is found by college student Yagami Light. As he quickly learns, the
notebook will kill any person that the writer knows the name and face of.
Seeing this as an opportunity, he embarks on a quest to rid the world of evil
by killing suspected and convicted criminals. But one man's justice is
another's murder, and Light soon finds himself playing a game of cat and mouse
with the international police and the shadowy detective known only as "L".

Full Metal Alchemist (10PM) - Well, the Elric boys finally have their very own
Philosopher's Stone. But was the price to high, and what is it actually capable
of? These are questions they'll have to deal with a host of humans and homunculi
hot on their trail, but they may receive a bit of assistance from a long lost
stranger...

Once again, Asian Media is tomorrow, (Wednesday the 21st) in ASH room 222.
Directions available on request to our off campus list members.

That's all he wrote folks, I got work to do, so see you tomorrow!

-Sam

--
Sam Ross
Box 1384, Hampshire College