[Asianmedia] Take a break from scary finals! (Screening for 4-24-07)

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 24 11:05:02 EDT 2007

Hey Asian Media,
I know finals suck. But please don't kill yourselves over them. If the ginormous
panic attack I had last night while working on a Div. II portfolio is any
indication we all need some R & R time sometimes while we're stuck in the
middle of it all.

So come to the screening this week and catch:

8PM - Welcome Back, Mr. McDonald - (Japanese Live-action) Remember that awesome
movie we watched, The Uchoten Hotel? Well, this was written by the same guy,
Koki Mitani. The story this time goes as follows: A weepy melodrama written by
Miyako, a housewife who won a contest, is going to be performed on air at a
Tokyo radio station. Suddenly, the hot-tempered lead actress Nokko decides she
wants the name of her character to be Mary Jane and not Ritsuko. That leads to
the chain of events which changes the play completely, something which Miyako
is unsure she wants her name to be attached to.

10PM - Great Teacher Onizuka - I almost shed a tear last week when Onizuka
helped a student become more self-confident by helping her win a pageant.
However, he may have his work cut out for him this work dealing with a creepy
stalkerish math teacher who's set his sights on Fuyutsuki-Sensei. This show
just keeps getting better every week and if you haven't seen it yet, you should
definitely come and check it out!

That's all for this week folks. As always, Asian Media starts Wednesday night at
8PM in the East Lecture Hall of FPH.

See You Space Cowboys,
Sam

--