[Asianmedia] Pre-Anime Boston Screening (4-19-07)

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 17 10:02:36 EDT 2007

Hey Folks,
As some of you know (because you're going on our subsidized trip), the end of
this week is AnimeBoston! Woo-hoo! Yee-hah!

...Right. Anyway, I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful time. Try not to spend
all of your money on doujinshi. That said, we have a wonderful screening to
prepare you all for the trip ahead. This week, we're screening:

8PM - Genshiken - We showed this last year, but we're giving the first two
episodes of this quirky little anime an encore. Essentially it's an anime about
the members of a college anime club and their own little obsessions and lives.
Generally an interesting commentary on Otaku culture, and worth checking out
again.

9PM - This is Otakudom - Although created back in 2001, you can still sometimes
find this being screened at Anime conventions, due to its awesomeness. This is
Otakudom is a fanDUB of footage from various animes (Card Captor Sakura, EVA,
DBZ etc.)all slapped together to tell the story of a group of friends who go on
a journey to Otakon, the anime convention in Baltimore, Maryland that now draws
around 20,000 people every year.

10PM - Great Teacher Onizuka - After a brief hiatus, Great Teacher Onizuka
returns. Last week, Onizuka returned to class to find most of his students to
simply not be there. Can he convince them all to return before he's forced to
turn in a letter of recommendation? And what dastardly plot will Miyabi come up
with next?

That's all folks. As always, Asian Media is every Wednesday night in the East
Lecture Hall of FPH. See you there!

See you Space Cowboys,
Sam

--