[Asianmedia] Screening for 9-7-06

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:36:35 EDT 2006

Ack, I know, I'm late, I forgot!

Anywho, guess what? Asian Media is freakin' back and we're pulling all the stops
this year. Starting off with our first screening tonight, Thursday, September
7th in the West Lecture Hall of FPH at 8PM.

What's all that cool shit going down this semester? Well, if you were at the
Intro. to geeky stuff at Hampshire last night, you already know. If not, I'll
be reannouncing tomorrow, so just chill in the meantime.

Anywho, you're probably be wondering what we're showing you this week. I could
tell you, but that would spoil all the fun. Then again, I hate fun. So tonight
we'll be showing:

The Cat Returns - A charming little movie by Studio Ghibli, the same group
behind such hits as "Princess Mononoke" and "Whisper of the Heart", The Cat
Returns tells the tail of a young schoolgirl who after saving the King of all
cats from a passing car is whisked away by him to the Kingdom of cats to marry
his son the prince.

Full Metal Alchemist - By popular demand, our weekly series this semester is
about the Elric brothers, Edward and Al who live in a world governed not only
by science, but by alchemy as well. Alchemy seems to be able to accomplish
anything save for raising the dead, so when the two boys try to use its power
to bring back their dead mother, they suffer a heavy curse for their mistake.
Together Al and Ed wander looking for the Philosopher's stone, the legendary
cure for the plight that has now befallen the both of them.

That's all folks. See you tomorrow! Don't forget to bring a friend!

See you Space cowboy,
Sam