[Asianmedia] Screening for 2-2-0freakin'6

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 1 00:16:36 EST 2006

Dear Asian Media-san,
   I had such a fun time on break. It was kind of annoying having to summon
ultra mecha robo 001 to fight off one or two alien invasions, but I guess a
person in my position learns to expect such things. I still can't get used to
all those icky tentacles though. Oh, and that reminds me, I've been told of
this prophecy, titled: "Things shown at Asian Media this week". I couldn't make
much sense of it but maybe you can. It reads-

  8:00PM - Cowboy Bebop - Take a trip down memory lane, aka the lane that got
pretty much everyone into anime. Join four intrepid bounty hunters in their
travels through the universe, hunting heads and hoping the money's enough to
eat something other than noodles again that night. We'll be showing two fan
favorite episodes, Toys in the Attic and Mushroom Samba.

  9:00PM - Genshiken - Join the Members of Genshiken, the 'society for the study
of visual arts'. This series takes a look at otaku or 'geek' culture in Japan,
exploring topics of anime, manga, cosplay, conventions, and even has the
'normal' person who's trying to understand some people's obsession with it.
This will be our continuing series this semester.

  10:00PM - Densha Otoko - Hah! I bet you thought the amazing series we watched
last semester was over when Densha snagged Hermes heart and graduated from
single-hood. Not true! There's an additional ending episode which delves deeper
into...well, I guess I should leave it off there, no need for spoilers.

That's it, I hope you know what it means. Oh, and Asian Media, remember, we'll
be meeting in the:

East Lecture Hall, FPH.
Every Thursday, 8:00PM

Can't wait to see you there. In fact, why not tell a friend? Maybe one of those
new feb. transfers, or just anyone you know who doesn't get enough Asian media
in their lives.

To be continued,

Sam