[Asianmedia] Screening for 4-27-06

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:35:19 EDT 2006

Hey Asian Media,
  I'd come up with something witty, but I'm too busy swaying to the almost
jungle-like beat of the theme to Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, which was one
of the few things that was decent about that movie.
  Hee, I probably just incited the wrath of a million of you.
  Anyway, Asian Media this week will be a surprise, mainly because the movie I
picked up this week was longer than I realized. But never fear, I'm sure we can
find something just as awesome but an hour shorter.

Anyway, though we will still be screening:
  9:30 - Haibane Renmei - We continue our weekly series with episodes 10, 11,
and 12. Rakka, the main character has fallen ill after coming into contact with
a wall that no Haibane are supposed to touch. While caring for her, Reki has
flashbacks to the events surrounding her own hatching. Later, Rakka finally
finds a job, but discovers something about her fellow Haibane which may lead to
tragedy.

So yeah, come check it out, you know you're going to want a break from final
projects.

As always, Hampshire Asian Media is every Thursday starting at 8PM in the East
Lecture Hall of FPH.

See you space cowboy,
Sam
--