[Asianmedia] Screening for 12-8-05

Samuel sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 6 13:33:07 EST 2005

Didn't think we were going to leave you in lurch, did ya? Asian Media invites
you to attend our very last screening of 2005. Although as mentioned in
Tristan's email, we've got some kickass awesome stuff going down over Jan. Term
so make sure to check it all out!

So in the meantime though, this week we'll be showing:

Densha Otoko-The VERY LAST EPISODE! Aoyama-san was pretty upset last week when
she found out that Densha had been talking about her and their time together on
the message board and broke up with him. On a last ditch effort, Densha left a
touching message on the board and told her to read it, hoping that she'll meet
him on the rooftop that he showed to her.

Densha Otoko-Special Ending! Athough it's mostly a clip show from what I've
heard, apparantly there is some original content at the end and besides, who
doesn't want to relive Densha anyway?

Finally because you're feeling so happy because I'm relatively confident that
Densha doesn't die alone and shunned by society, we're going to totally go in a
different direction and make you busy finals-obsessed people more crazy by
showing:

Puni Puni Poemi-Created by Koshi Rikdo after he came up with Excel Saga, this
was supposed to originally be a full series which made fun of "magical girl"
animes. Instead we got a 2-episode story about a girl named Poemi who calls
herself Kobayashi (because her voice actress is bad at staying in character),
who gains phenominal Earth-saving powers by gutting a fish so that it turns
into a magic wand. Also making appearances: Nabeshin (The representation of
Shinichi Watanabe, the director), Aliens who are obsessed with balls, and
gigantic boobs.

I'm afraid not much can follow up the phrase "gigantic boobs" so like always,
Asian Media is held on Thursday nights at 8PM in the West Lecture Hall of FPH.

-Sam