[Asianmedia] Jan Term!

Tristan Athearn-Hess tba04 at stout.hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 6 03:27:05 EST 2005

Hello everyone!

It's you friendly neighborhood El Tristo here, with what is most likely
going to be our schedule for Jan Term. Now, Sam is going to be away so
it falls to Josh and myself to keep your anime intake high during the
cold, cold New England January.

Our Jan Term showings will consist of two main events: The Evangelion
Marathon and Hentai Night.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Description taken from animenfo.com)
*	*	*
In the year 2015, half of the human race is dead, and the survivors
face a terrifying last judgment from giant biotechnology experiments
called Angels.

Within Tokyo-3 and the headquarters of the secretive organization
called NERV, a special United Nations agency. A handful of teenagers
are trained to pilot the colossal super-entities known as Evangelions
and battle the Angels on their own terms... whatever the cost to their
minds and souls.

Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and
maintains the Evangelion., is thrust into a maelstrom of battle and
events that he does not understand. Forced to plumb the depths of
himself for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to
survive...
*	*	*
We will be showing ALL of Eva over Jan Term. This includes all
twenty-six episodes and both movies. I have never seen Eva myself, so I
will be the primary organizer for the showings (NO SPOILERS FROM ANY OF
YOU). Due to the Herculean amount of time Eva will take, we're going to
split it up over all four weeks of Jan Term, rather than showing all of
it in one huge, fifteen-plus hour endurance trial.

Hentai Night:

Josh is organizing this one. For those not in the know, hentai is not
only Japanese for "pervert," but It also refers to, shall we say,
anime that is oriented towards people of a more.... *ahem* "hentai"
persuasion. Apparently it is also incredibly ridiculous and strange.
This will not be a fap-fest. It will be a chance to laugh at some very
bad, completely sick and over-the-top material. Pertinent details such
as content, time, location, etc. have not been settled yet, so expect
more information from Josh in the future.

During Jan term we have four Thursdays and four Saturdays in which to
work. We also still have West Lecture Hall in FPH reserved from 8 to 10
Thursday nights. Here's the Breakdown:

Thursday the 5th:
First six episodes of Evangelion. Total Estimated Time (TET): two and a
half hours.

Saturday the 7th:

Nothing! Be free and do your very important work!

Thursday the 12th:
Evangelion Episodes 7 to 12. TET: two and a half hours

Saturday the 14th:
HENTAI NIGHT! Details TBA.

Thursday the 19th:
Evangelion Episodes 13 to 18. TET: two and a half hours

Saturday the 21st:
Again, NOTHING! Work hard, like the industrious beaver!

Thursday the 26th:
Evangelion Episodes 19 to 25. TET: Three Hours

Saturday the 28th:
Final Episode of Evangelion and the Evangelion movies! More details TBA!

Well, there's the basics of Jan Term for everyone. We will also
probably take that time to see who is still interested and what people
would like to see/do during the Spring Semester. Hope to see you there!

- Tristan Athearn-Hess

Hampshire Asian Media - brought to you by Dakin G2 and D1!