[Yurt] Weekly Digest

The Yurt Media Center radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 24 00:46:06 EDT 2015

Greetings Yurtlings,

We hope you've had an enjoyable Spring Break and are gearin' up for the
last hoo-rah of the semester! Zoom-zoom-zoom.

Here's the Yurt News, hot off the email printing press:

SOUNDCLOUD

We not only have a fancy-dancy Soundcloud account [1], but we have it up
and running on the recording computer in the Yurt! Whoohoo! This is
exciting! Why? Because it means that YOU can now record your shows, and
your adoring fans can listen to your broadcasted creations forever, for
hours, on repeat over and over and over again. It means you can share
links of your recorded shows with your loved ones/enemies/local
congresspeople/parents/pets who were too busy to tune in at the time of
original broadcasting. Two cheers for online archiving!

"But....how?" you ask. Next time you have your show, check out the
computer to the right of the main Yurt Master computer. The Soundcloud
page will be pulled up, as will as some handy-dandy instructions for how
to record your show directly into Soundcloud. It's pretty easy.

Click "Upload". Click "Start Recording". Do your show. Click "Stop
Recording". Title/describe your show following the format listen on the
screen (Date, show title. Ex: 03/23/15 Morning Sedition) Click "Save".
VOILA. If you're a pro-pro, add a show pic and start a playlist for your
show.

Tip: If there is a show right after yours, you might consider ending
your show a minute or two early so you can enter info and allow the next
show to start on time. Because here at Hampshire, we value timeliness.
(ha).

VINYL VINYL VINYL

The vinyl needles are in! So far, we have only heard from one show
interested in using them (shout out to Avocado Cat Show). If you want to
play vinyl, please send along an email of interest, or else the struggle
of ordering these delicate devices will be in vain.

DESIGN COMPETITION

Hey you, artsy-type. Yeah, you. YOU have unique artistic talents. WE
need a Yurt Logo. You're like "yeah, I know I'm hella artsy, but, like,
what's in it for me?". Well, aside from the warm fuzzy feeling you'll
receive from contributing to the Yurt and Hampshire Community at large,
we will turn the winning design(s) into Yurtchendise. Your prize will be
the materialization of your yurt-tastic design (and yes, you'll get some
freebies). SUBMIT SOME SORT OF SOMETHING BY FRIDAY, APRIL 3rd.

As always: if you have questions, concerns, or compliments, please
share!

Sincerely,

Kira deCoudres & The Yurt

Links: