[Yurt] Yurt [Weekly] Digest

The Yurt radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:51:08 EDT 2015

Ahoy-hoy Yurtlings!

First off, we would like to passionately proclaim the fixing of the
Yurt. Our dedicated supporter and advocate, John Bruner got it all
worked out. As always, the highest praise and thanks to him.

In light of the fact that three days of shows had to be cancelled
because of the problems, we would like to urge everyone to take extra
precautions when using the Yurt with large groups. It's ok to hold
activities in there, but a reminder that whoever unlocked the space is
responsible for the space and the people within until another person
emails yurtdoor at hampshire.edu. If you are the person who unlocked the
space, you (or your co-host) should be the person at the board.

As always, thank you for treating the space and community with respect
and responsibility!

____________________DIGEST_______________________

Close the WINDOW. If you open it. Close it.

RECYCLING goes in the big bin that rolls. There's a sign now. Please
read it and act accordingly.

Once your show is done, make sure something is playing on YURTMASTER and
fade it up so that it is peaking just below the red.

SOUNDCLOUD is still taking down shows with copyrighted material in the
first 3 minutes. We've tried to find other loopholes, but currently the
best solution is to either talk or play a non-big-label tune for those
first few minutes. This shouldn't be a problem since we're a college
radio station and playing really weird stuff is kinda the status quo.

SIGNER MEETINGS are Sundays from 1-3. Join us for questions and comments
or just to hang out!

Did you know that we have a morning NEWS SHOW? Morning Sedition is
looking for co-hosts who can help read the daily digest, broadcast the
weather and monthly carnivorous tree forecast, and play wake up music.
Yes you do have to be at the yurt before 8:30 AM!

Have you not been going to your show? Psst... we know. Priority for show
slots next semester will be given to those with REGULAR ATTENDANCE to
their shows. If you have a reason for not making it to your show as
listed on the schedule [1], email us or come to the signer meeting.

If you want your show promoted on the Yurt's FACEBOOK PAGE, shoot Ben
Stumpf, Kira DeCoudres, Aidan Owens, or Grant Holub-Moorman what you
want posted at least an hour before your show starts.

Are you interested in taking a LEADERSHIP role next semester? Let us
know! We're always looking for people to help out with the million
things we need to take care of every week.

Submit any YURT DESIGNS you got! We will be looking into having
full-fledged Yurtchandise for the coming year and we need your stellar
art to be part of it. Email us with shirt, sticker, hat, patch,
turtleneck, or other promotable design idea!

SPRING JAM is looking for acoustic acts! If you or someone you know is
interested in playing, email ajo13 at hampshire.edu

FOUND: A grey-brown wool scarf. It's on the back window ledge.

We hope you have a wonderful week and a killer show!

Signed (with titular appropriateness):
The Yurt Signers

Links:
------