[Yurt] A Clarification, Schedule Issues, Makeup Meetings, and Tutorials

The Yurt Media Center radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Mon Sep 22 17:18:15 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to clarify something, as it seems like some of you missed
the point that was put across in a couple emails, as well as the all-dj
meeting last Friday:

~~The Yurt will not be opening for shows until the new lock is
installed. It is in the process of being delivered right now, and then
we have to wait until Phys. Plant installs it for us. Then we can begin
shows as scheduled. Please don't send any more emails asking when shows
will begin.~~

In other news, there seems to have been an issue with our scheduling
program, causing about 10 new shows to vanish overnight from the
schedule. Luckily I have a spreadsheet of all the info needed to
schedule, so I can just input them all into the program again. Hopefully
this was a glitch that won't happen again. I will have the schedule
up-to-date by the end of the night.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came to the all-DJ meeting; it was
the biggest(therefore most successful) one I've been to by far. All
DJs(even veterans) are required to meet with us before you can start
your show. We have logged the names of everyone who came to the first
meeting, so all of those DJs are good to go. If you missed the meeting,
don't fret, we will have several makeup meetings over the next couple of
weeks, the first of which being SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH, 5-7PM IN THE
YURT. Please do your best to attend this one. If you cannot attend
meetings on FRIDAYS or SUNDAYS, please shoot us an email with days/times
you are available.

Soon, we will also be starting to schedule tutorial sessions in the
Yurt. As we specified at the meeting: all NEW DJs must attend one of two
types of tutorials.

DJs who have experience through high school or a different radio station
must come to a QUICK TUTORIAL, in which we show you around the space and
let you know all of the Yurt-exclusive things you have to know.

For those DJs who have never done anything radio-related, as well as
those who have, but would like a more in-depth tutorial, the GENERAL
TUTORIAL is what you are looking for.

As of now, we don't have any specific times scheduled for either
tutorial. We will send out an email as soon as we narrow down some time
slots.

Sorry for the email length, we have a lot of information to deliver in
the early-semester. Thanks for your patience with getting shows started,
we're doing everything in our power to speed up the process.

Best,

Ryan Meiselman and the Yurt