[Yurt] Shows are starting!

The Yurt Media Center radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Sat Oct 4 18:23:13 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

The onset of Yurt shows is upon us! As we said at the last meeting, we
are in fact still going to use the old key system, as the electronic
lock system won't be installed until November at the earliest.

Now that we're sure of what key system we are using, we can get started
with shows! We're going to have the Yurt open for qualified DJs on
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8TH.

A "qualified DJ" is one that has completed all of the following things:

-You have scheduled a show by emailing radiocontact at hampshire.edu (you
can verify this by checking the schedule - click the 'calendar' button
at radio.hampshire.edu)

-You have met with the signers at least once(we have had two meetings so
far, and have kept track of who has come and who has yet to attend one.)

-You have filled out Hampshire's online student group waiver -
https://riskmgt.mtholyoke.edu/waivers/form.php?t=1 [1](this is super
important, don't skip this step.)

-(NEW DJS ONLY)You have had a Yurt tutorial.

We have kept track of those who have attended meetings and tutorials so
far. Our next meeting/tutorial is this MONDAY, OCTOBER 6TH 5PM IN THE
YURT.

We are very serious about every DJ completing this checklist before they
can start their show. We will only give access to the Yurt to those who
are qualified.

OTHER NON-SHOW RELATED NOTES:

There is a Media Basement open house on October 24th. If you want to
check out the awesome equipment and resources we have down there, come
check it out. If you have created animation, music, video, or anything
else using the Media Basement and would like to showcase said work,
shoot us an email (radiocontact at hampshire.edu).

We are in the process of designing and ordering YURT MERCHANDISE! We
have already gotten a bunch of awesome suggestions on what kind of stuff
to get, as well as some great logo and design submissions. If you have
ideas for interesting Yurt Merch, or would like to help design it, send
over an email.

On the topic of email, my apologies to anyone who has emailed recently
and hasn't heard back. I've been up to my eyeballs in Div III stuff. All
backlogged emails and show requests will be answered by the end of the
weekend.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to finally having some new radio to
listen to!

Best,

Ryan Meiselman and the Yurt

(PS - sorry if you get this email twice. Our mailing list sucks)

Links:
------
[1] https://riskmgt.mtholyoke.edu/waivers/form.php?t=1