[Yurt] Important yurt information.

radiocontact at hampshire.edu radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 1 17:23:49 EDT 2013

Greetings Yurt enthusiasts,

When I opened the door to the Yurt today for my 5pm show, I noticed
two important things:
1.) The yurt door was unlocked. Someone had put the key back in the
box, but forgot to lock the door. This is not acceptable. We are
giving you the opportunity to do your Yurt show, and that comes with
the responsibility to ensure the safety of our equipment and area. The
importance of point 1 leads me to point 2:
2.) The yurt was absolutely trashed when I walked in. there were
hundreds of torn magazine pages thrown around the room, furniture
tipped over, and several other alarming sites.

I don't how the Yurt ended up this way. Perhaps it was just a simple
mistake that someone forgot to lock up and some non-DJ walked in and
trashed the place. Regardless, you all need to realize the importance
of locking up and the responsibility that you take on by using this
space.

Because of this event, we've decided to heighten importance on signing
in. The sign-in sheet is not there for decoration, it's there to track
the use of the Yurt and the timeline of the key. From now on, if you
do not sign in at the beginning of your show, there will be
consequences.

Thank you for your time.
Ryan Meiselman and the Yurt