[Yurt] Spring Scheduling!

radiocontact at hampshire.edu radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Thu Jan 19 19:33:08 EST 2012

Hey Yurtapocalyptic Prophets,
Great job over these past several months. It's time to put together the new
schedule. If you want to get a show/renew one, email radiocontact at hampshire.edu
with the following information (and rest assured, if you're new, we'll show you
how to work the equipment):

In the subject line, put the name of the show, whether it's a new or old show,
and, if you're changing your show's name, what the name of the old one was.

Three (3) time slots you can regularly do the show in. If you're renewing and
you'd like your old time back, put an asterisk by it when you list it.

A brief description for the calendar, including the names of the DJs. Wacky DJ
names are fine.

And that's all. Please have your requests in by Monday night to ensure a good
spot on the schedule. However, please note:
We aren't starting any new two-hour shows this semester. Hampshire's slowly but
surely getting bigger, and we're getting a lot of demand for new shows as well
as renewals. Existing two-hour shows can be renewed this semester.
We will, however, allow people to start/renew a second show before 6PM during
the initial scheduling period (before the Monday deadline) and any open time on
the schedule after that.
CEL-1 credit may still be obtained for doing Yurt shows. We'll be putting the
activity for this semester up on the CEL-1 site after the first draft schedule
is up.
It's getting damn cold out. The thermostat's located behind the DJ mixer, and
feel free to use it to make the Yurt more habitable while you're doing your
show. If you're locking up, make sure it's at 55 degrees before you leave.
We're also very close to having the capacity to broadcast from events. If you or
a student group you know would like to have a one-time or irregular broadcast of
a concert, meeting, show, or other audio-based event, we can do it. We may need
to do it in the place of some shows, so if you want to play an event over the
cyber-waves, give us at least two weeks' notice so we can give the night's DJs
the same as well as plan to help set up and coordinate the tech stuff and
streaming.

- Carson, Michael, and Greg