[Yurt] First Timeslot Reservation Deadline is this Wednesday, January 5

radiocontact at hampshire.edu radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Sun Jan 2 11:13:12 EST 2011

Hey There, Yurt-Heads!

Happy New Year! This looks like it's gonna be a landmark year for the Yurt --
more new music, odd music, live music, improv comedy and (GASP!) BADASS
OLD-SCHOOL RADIO DRAMA! But that's not what I'm e-mailing you about...

It's time once again to re-apply for Yurt Radio time-slots. We do this to insure
that everyone's happy with their show times, and to make sure we're not holding
slots for people that aren't doing their shows.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE WEDNESDAY, 01.05.11 :

Send an e-mail to radiocontact at hampshire.edu with your show name, who your DJs
will be this semester, and your top three choices for timeslots. Make the
subject heading "2011 Schedule." If your top choice is your current slot (that
is, the time you were broadcasting during last semester) please indicate so
with an asterisk or something similar.

YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET THE TIME YOU WANT if you re-apply for the same time.
In the case of a tie, the time-slot will be awarded to the DJs who have
dedicated the most time to the Yurt. The loser will be given their second
choice, unless there is another tie, in which case we repeat the process, yadda
yadda yadda...

We're making the first draft of the schedule on Thursday morning. (Hence the
Wednesday deadline.) Once the first draft is done, we'll send out another one
of these mass e-mails to let you guys know which slots have been awarded to
who. You'll all be given one-hour slots at first. Once the schedule is ironed
out and new students have given ample opportunity to sign up, DJ's are allowed
to apply for additional time. Of course, if you want a shorter show, we will
absolutely comply!

Once this first draft is done, IT'S DONE. Requests received AFTER Wednesday
January 5th will have to be fit in around the first draft schedule. In other
words, if you are late in re-applying, it will not matter how much experience
you have, you'll have to work around the punctual people's awarded time-slots.

Keep an eye out for the update on Thursday, when we'll be announcing when the
second-draft deadline will be.

Yurtily Yours,

Andy, Signer