[Yurt] Hello Radio Heads!

radiocontact at hampshire.edu radiocontact at hampshire.edu
Sun Sep 12 15:03:19 EDT 2010

Dear Current Yurt Users,

You are recieving this email because you are on the Yurt mailing list. If you
previously have had a show, now is the time to confirm whether or not you want
to have the show again.

If you do not want a show, you are free to not respond and remove yourself from
the mailing list.

This wednesday is Hampfest. The Yurt will be outreaching to new students in
order to start finding new DJ's for new shows. New, new, new! However, because
all of you are part of our currently existing talent pool we'd like to give you
first pick for the times you'd like to use!

That way, we can start setting up the calendar before we add new shows.
But, we'll be doing a few things differently. We'd like to you to confirm a day
and time ASAP but we would also really like for you to confirm specific dates.
This means, tell us when you won't be there. Think realistically about how
often you can do your show. Maybe you'll only want to do it every other week.
We are trying hard to make sure there are less times with "dead air." Any time
you can tell us you aren't available to do your show (previously planned gigs,
trips, vacations, holidays, etc.) means more chances to fill that time with
other original and live content.

And, maybe you don't want a regular show, but rather an event twice a semester.
We are trying to make the Yurt more accesible to "freelance" use. Be sure to
let other people know they are free to start planning a one-time event within
the Yurt.

We are going to be changing from the google calendar to an official Hampshire
Zimbra calendar. Disregard the gmail calendar. We will send you the link for
the updated Zimbra calendar by Wednesday.

To conclude: email us as soon as possible with the time slot you would like for
you show, the weeks you won't be doing it and whether or not you will be doing
it every other week or not.

Remember! If you haven't contacted us by Wednesday you could be missing out on
first dibs on show times!

There will be an all-Yurt meeting Wednesday, September 22nd at 6pm in the Media
Basement. We will remind you before hand.

Have a great semester, contact us with any questions, and come see us at
Hampfest!

Sincerely,
Maxime Simonet
Andy Locke
and introducing our new signer, Ezra Teboul