[YellowBike] good and bad news

Price Armstrong epa03 at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:56:43 EDT 2006

the bad news is that i went into that side room that is locked, and teh toolbox
wasn't in there.

there are several items of good news, though.  tyler meier gave us a gallon of
light yellow paint for free.

i also talked to tyler about moving a bike rack into the quad for the broken
bikes, and he was fine with that.  i have a meeting with michelle green about
getting it approved tomorrow at 9 in the morning, does anyone want to come
with?  just be there if you do.

we got the PO for the hardware store!  woooh!  we should have more tools soon.

i put in another order with downeast bikes through the RCC today, i got a bunch
of 26 and 27 inch tires.  the wheels were far too expensive, so i think we
should go through J&B for those.  i also got a pedal wrench, patch kits, nice
allen wrenches, bottom bracket tools... i think that's it.  there wasn't a
third-hand-tool, but i'm going to talk to glenn about making one.

last thing is that i retrieved the bikes from the childrens center, and they are
really nice!  i think we should save them for the potential semester-long loan
project (next semester?).  i locked them up in the shed next to dakin so they
wouldn't take up space.

last thing is a thought about organization.  we ought to start marking spots in
the cabinets for the various boxes of parts and putting them up at the end of
work sessions, then locking them.  this will provide another wall of yellow
bike protection in case some seedy character somehow gets into the space.

til next time,
Price