[YellowBike] yellow bike this week

Samantha Lyon slyon at smith.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:49:14 EST 2006

Hey, this is Sammy from Smith
I think we're going to organize a little ride (if people show interest) to
the UMASS anti-war demonstration on Weds (info below). Maybe you guys want
to do that too, and we can all meet up there on our bikes. Let me know :)
~Sammy~

NO MORE UMASS COMPLICITY WITH THE WAR!
  JOIN THE MARCH ON WHITMORE!

March 8, 2006
12:15 at the Student Union Steps, UMass

Join us in presenting Chancellor Lombardi and the UMass Administration with
a list of STUDENT DEMANDS & signed petitions in support of those demands.

Our demands:

1. We DEMAND that this University prohibit ALL forms of MILITARY RECRUITMENT
on our campus.  No more preferential treatment of the US Military!

2. We DEMAND that the University remove the F.B.I. agent currently on its
payroll. Keep education and law enforcement separate!

3. We DEMAND that the University REFUSE TO ACCEPT all future research grant
funding provided by the US Department of Defense and its subsidiary
agencies. Money for education, not war.

You can read the complete text of the letter to be delivered to Chancellor
Lombardi at http://www.studentsagainstthewar.com/umass/

If you would like to help gather signatures for the petition, or for more
information, email UMassAWC at gmail.com

Sponsored by the UMass Anti-war Coalition.