[YellowBike] Biking in Amsterdam

Price Armstrong epa03 at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 29 14:59:27 EST 2005

Just a brief update from Yellow Bike: Europe.  I went to Amsterdam this last
weekend and went riding on the streets on a single speed, back-pedal brake
bike that i rented.  you know, the cheapest out there. nonetheless, it was
amazing.  there was no road without a bike path and, more importantly, without
an equal amount of bikers as cars.  well, maybe not the main freeways, but the
side streets certainly had more bikes than cars, so it probably balances out.
plus, the city is beautiful with all the canals and old houses and old bikes
and so on.

If, when I die, it is decided that i have been a good biker, i shall ascend to
Holland.

--Price