[YellowBike] Save the RCC!!!

mlm02 at hampshire.edu mlm02 at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 4 19:28:19 EDT 2005

Hi.

I'm writing to let you all know about a current proposal from Mike Ford to
convert the South Lounge of the RCC (where yoga and martial arts classes are)
to an extension of the Bridge Cafe. The argument for this proposal is that we
need a better space on campus to build community. Knowing the impact of losing
the South Lounge, Bob Garmirian has offered that the bouldering cave be used
for this extension instead. Bob does not want to lose either space and neither
do I, so we need to help out and show that we are the communities they think
they need to build!

Attached is a petition that I drafted along with Leighton Brew and Pete Clark
to save the South Lounge and the bouldering cave. Although some of you don't
use these spaces directly, activities like fencing, indoor soccer, and indoor
ultimate will have to compete with other activities like t'ai chi, yoga, RAD
self defense, and climbing that would be moved to the playing floor if the
South Lounge or bouldering cave are taken.

THE PETITION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO SIGN AT THE FRONT DESK OF THE RCC STARTING
TOMORROW AT 9, and will also be available to sign in OPRA classes.
Please sign the petition and tell anyone else you think cares to go sign it as
well. We will take it to the President's breakfast next Monday and then to
Mike Ford.

Thanks.
Meghan McCutcheon