[YellowBike] Wheel Building lesson at Yellowbike this friday

Aaron Wieler afw01 at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 19 15:46:06 EST 2004

I have a question for us all: are the yellowbikes dissapearing? are some
breaking way more than others but are still in circulation?

I would be interested in hearing people's opinions on how many bikes there
are in circulation right now. Take a guess.

-----
yellowbike does not have a dishing tool, although the bike shop does. our
wheels had flanges spaced evenly from the outside of the cone locknuts, so
dishing was done by equalizing spoke tension.

we built 4 wheels today. 2 were single speeds with coaster brakes, 2 were
single speed BMX hubs. several of us learned how to lace and tension wheels,
and because they are so beefy wheels (and have 36 spokes, the truing process
was a breeze.

ian hadn't meant to send that to everyone, but I responded to all because I
am so excited about making less-destructable yb wheels.

(the plan is to build up bikes like this: single speed, coaster brake, solid
rubber tires. No shifters, derraileurs, rim brakes, brake levers, tubes,
punctures....)

rubberside down, aaron