[YellowBike] Re: Yellow Bikes

aaron afw01 at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 12 17:18:11 EST 2004

hi kim.

i'm sending this email to the yellowbike email list as well, in case
anyone has thoughts for you.

there's a lot of information at http://www.communitybike.org/

there's some info about our program at http://bike.hampshire.edu

basically, what we have is a free bike program, where we get about 1000
dollars per semester to buy parts, and every week we have bike work
parties to fix the broken bikes. the system is far from perfect. bikes
are stolen vigorously. they're trashed frequently. if i were to try to
break the bikes like they get broken sometimes, i'm not sure that i
could be that creative.

the program is about many things. it's about providing bikes for the
community to ride. it's also about the community that we build though
coming together to learn about fixing bikes.

what are your questions? i would love to help you out.

-aaron