[YellowBike] Origins of Community Bike program at Hampshire

Chuck Connell connell at chc-3.com
Wed May 22 10:08:36 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

This is Chuck Connell, Hampshire 1977. I enjoyed reading the article in Non
Satis Scire about the yellow bike program. I congratulate you on doing this
and think it is a great resource for the college community. Just one small
thing.... Peter Askin and I actually started this program in 1978! We had a
workshop in the basement of Merrill where we built the bikes. I think we
painted them orange instead of yellow. I will write a longer article about
how we started, and why, with more details a little later. My family and I
are getting ready to adopt a baby from China, so we are a little busy right
now.

Best wishes,
Chuck Connell
http://www.chc-3.com