[Ultimatealumni] Remember, remember the 5th of RED NOVEMBER DETAILS!

Hampshire Red Scare Ultimate ultimate at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 17 21:04:21 EDT 2011

Attention Comrades,

After aeons of anticipation, the strategery of our Red November struggle has
arrived

RED NOVEMBER 2011: Saturday, [remember, remember the] 5th of November

Captains meeting will be held at 8:30 AM where you will receive very important
information and a little nourishment for your squadron!! Each team will be
playing 4 to 5 games with a big ol’ bbq break midday.  There will be prizes,
fun and the possibility of ritual sacrifice.

Now,
Please email back with:
--Confirmation that you are 100% in for the tourney [PLZ tell us ASAP if you
cannot come!]!!!!
--Contact information for your squadron commander[s]!
--Approximation of the size of your platoon! We have enough bids for each team
to bring only one team.

Next, mail a check as soon as humanly possible to:

Matt Baran-Mickle
Hampshire College
893 West Street, Box 171
Amherst, MA 01002
206-403-5153

If it is not humanly possible, please bring it to the fields with you on GAME
DAY.  If you need more details and/or something official looking, please see
our attached invoice [Compliments to Bard].

One last note, only the teams coming from farthest away, Bishops and Unity, will
be staying the night before the tournament with our squadrons [emails coming to
you shortly with further details].  This is a change from past years because of
some shady business committed at our last tournament when—let’s just be
frank—Skidmore went wild and ruined a good thing for the rest of you all.  So
we apologize and hope that in future tournaments we can host more teams the
night before.  But let us look to the past no more and on to the future!!

In solidarity your comrades,
jämie, mätt & mäx

And something to think about:

“Perhaps the profoundest cause of disagreement with the Narodniks is the
difference in our fundamental views on social and economic processes. When
studying the latter, the Narodnik usually draws conclusions that point to some
moral; he does not regard the diverse groups of persons taking part in
production as creators of various forms of life; he does not set out to present
the sum-total of social and economic relationships as the result of the mutual
relations between these groups, which have different interests and different
historical roles. ... “

Lenin, The Development of Capitalism in Russia, The “The Mission of Capitalism”
(1899)

--
The Captains
Red Scare Ultimate