[Student_server_room] Student Server Room Project Update

Kwaku Yeboah Antwi ky10 at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 9 13:37:14 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late reply. As Josiah said, the consensus right now is
that, the current space that we have in mind, is not ideal. However, we
have not been able to find a better space. I thought we could find some
space in either the Merrill or Dakin basements but there is no free
space available in the Merrill basements. The Dakin House Director has
not replied to my emails and I haven't been able to get in touch with
her and so I'm still waiting on the final word from her.
John Bruner also recommended a space between Lemelson and the Arts Barn.
He has this really cool idea of building locked carrel(s) in that space
to house the servers in that space. I had a quick look at that space and
I believe, it could be that ideal space we're looking for, especially if
we implement that locked carrel idea.
I will be stopping by the Dakin House in a few minutes in the hopes of
running into the Dakin House Director and I'll update everyone this
afternoon if I do run into her.

Cheers,
Kwaku