[Quaker] Fwd: [mtpsc] AFSC needs your help with contributions to help the recovery in Springfield

Claire Oberholtzer cbo07 at hampshire.edu
Sat Jun 4 10:36:44 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Napolitano <JNapolitano at afsc.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Subject: [mtpsc] AFSC needs your help with contributions to help the
recovery in Springfield
To: "mtpsc at lists.riseup.net" <mtpsc at lists.riseup.net>

Hi folks,

Due to the tornadoes that swept through Springfield and other cities in
Western MA, there has been much damage that has yet to be assessed and will
surely need to be repaired.

WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING

(a) NON-PERISHABLE FOOD
(b) CLOTHES
(c) BEDDING

... in our Northampton office: 2 Conz Street, Suite 2B, Northampton. You can
drop these things off all day today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday) from 9
a.m. to 6 p.m. We are currently working with the Springfield Rescue Mission
and likely other shelters in the area.

We're also looking for volunteers (largely to drive material goods to
Springfield from our Northampton office). We hope that your help will not be
needed; we hope that the city, state and federal agencies will be able to
meet the needs of the folks who are recovering from the tornadoes. But we've
already had requests for help, and we are trying to assist those that need
it.

If you are interested, please fill out the form online at
http://afscwm.orgor call us at (413)
584-8975.  If you have food, clothing or bedding to drop off, come on down
to AFSC in Northampton between 9 and 6pm.

Jeff Napolitano
Program Coordinator
Western Massachusetts Program
American Friends Service Committee
(413) 584-8975
2 Conz Street, Suite 2B, Northampton, MA 01060