[Push] Random code generation

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Sun Jun 20 10:13:14 EDT 2010

I agree this is another consideration -- you *might*, depending on your application, want to be pushing your own inputs/constants on the stacks ahead of time, and you *might* also want to limit your instruction set in various ways. This latter suggestion is a double-edged sword, however, since PushGP can often find ways to use stuff that you never would have thought to be useful ahead of time... I often take a middle road on this, including more than I think will be necessary but not everything, just to increase the probability that the stuff I *do* think will be useful will appear in a significant number of programs. Ideal, I guess, would be to allow everything to appear but to make the stuff that's probably going to be more useful (possibly including literals) appear more often. The way to do that in the current implementations is just to have the latter stuff appear multiple times in the lists of ingredients, but a fancier system could certainly be provided for this.

 -Lee