[Push] Hoping for a report

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Sun Jul 1 12:48:41 EDT 2007

Bill,

Jon and I have a Push-related paper at GECCO-2007, on "Unwitting
Distributed Genetic Programming via Asynchronous JavaScript and XML."
The paper doesn't use any of Push's really fancy features, but the
(JavaScript!) PushScript interpreter implements just about all of
Push3 and it could therefore be used for lots of interesting things.
And I think it's a good model of things that can be done with other
Push implementations too. You can read the paper, look at the draft
presentation for the conference, play with the PushScript
interpreter, etc, at: http://hampshire.edu/lspector/unwitting-
gecco-2007/

We have several other PushGP-based things in the pipeline, but
nothing else at the summer conferences (unless somebody's doing
something I don't know about).

Currently unrelated, but I can't resist linking since I just finished
the page and I really like the movie (and actually an earlier version
of this project was Push-based, as might be a later one...): http://
hampshire.edu/lspector/db-gecco-2007/

  -Lee