[Push] Push get-together/discussion at GECCO

Maarten mkeijzer at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 19 07:42:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

just to get some stuff to possibly discuss out of the door, I've put a short
note on some possible extensions on the web
(http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mkeijzer/push/notes.pdf). The note is a very rough
draft, where various ideas and solutions are put together in sometimes
contradicting ways. I've been putting stuff in the note for a while now, and
last week, brushing it up, I again got many ideas, removed lots of ideas I
suddenly disagreed with and tried to make it a bit coherent.

I didn't succeed in that.

In any case, if you're interested, take a look and maybe we can look at some
of the stuff in more detail at Gecco. It covers
re-entrant interpretation, coroutines, Turing completeness, exceptions, types,
names, words, local variables and defined functions, in more or lesser
detail.

There's a lot of leeway still in these ideas, and we might want to get
together to see if there is some need for it, or if it's just a bunch of
garbage.

Hope to see you in Seattle,

-Maarten-