[Push] Draft Push3 materials posted

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Fri Jul 30 15:43:48 EDT 2004

I've just posted some draft materials on Push3 to
http://hampshire.edu/lspector/push.html. Scroll down to the Code
section and see the "NEW DRAFT MATERIALS ON PUSH3" subsection.

Push3 includes a couple of significant new features (mostly suggested
by and co-developed with Maarten Keijzer) that appear to make it much
easier to evolve programs using complex, evolved control structures. A
concise introduction to the new features is in the "Push3 vs. Push2"
section of The Push 3.0 Programming  Language Description
(http://hampshire.edu/lspector/push3-description.html).

What I've posted so far is the description document and the Lisp
implementation. Maarten has developed a C++ implementation, for which
he has also created a sourceforge project, and I've included the link
to the sourceforge project on the Push page. HOWEVER, Maarten hasn't
yet posted the code there quite yet -- it should be up in a couple of
days, and I'll post another message here when it is.

Any and all comments would be very much appreciated!

  -Lee

--
Lee Spector
Dean, Cognitive Science + Professor, Computer Science