[Push] Typing Stack Information

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 29 21:20:11 EST 2003

Ah, I see. Would there be instructions that could manipulate the value and
type in such a pair separately? If not then it may be effectively the same
as our current approach for Push2, in which we have template-like
mechanisms to simplify creating versions of instructions for different
types, but in which all of the instructions end up with type-specific names
like INTEGER.DUP, FLOAT.DUP, etc. If there *are* ways to manipulate the
values and types separately then this could be interesting and I'd like to
see how it works out...

 -Lee