[Push] Typing Stack Information

Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Wed Oct 29 01:47:40 EST 2003

I just started looking at Push in the last few days. Also fairly new to
looking at evolution of programs.

I see from a recent email in the archives that Push2 is under development
and it omits the TYPE stack. Instead all operators will have type prefixes.

I ask for comments on the idea of having a single stack that contains type
information for each entry. The interpreter would examine the type data to
determine the overloaded operator to execute. Would this make program
evolution more or less difficult? Might it encourage modularity since it may
be easier to do all integer stack operations at one time and all code stack
operations at another.

I'm starting on a C++ implementation. I did see an earlier message about
Push2 that outlined ideas so I'll use it as the guide for my first pass.
I'll catch up with the final specifications when it is available.

Rud Merriam
K5RUD