[DEATH TO THE CLIMAX] Possibly Stupid Question Re: Shit on Jolt and All Community Meeting

sas03 at hampshire.edu sas03 at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 25 02:28:04 EDT 2004

Jeff, never fear, it's not Omen related at all for once.

By the way, alums who read this, I produced 300 hand-made covers for this issue
of the Omen with my friends.  One is getting pasted to the front of each cover.
 It'll be sweeeeeeet, and totally make up for there only being one non-staff
submission in this issue.

Just, race.  But I think that the non-oppressed part of campus is going to be
having some words about the self-segregation of minorities on campus.  For a
really awesome, well-written summary of feelings around this, look at Malia
Politzer's article about race at Hampshire livingnow.hampshire.edu/

Between this, the presidential election, Hampshire Halloween with Bill Cosby
speaking in the valley at the same time, the possibility of a
Massachusetts/Texas world series that echoes the election, riots at UMass, and
the general shitstorms in international politics, the only conclusion is that
the end is fucking nigh.

Be well folks.  Oh yeah, and Abby, we have 300 silly things to tape/glue/staple
to the Omens on Monday.  Gulp.  Are you free after four, I guess?

-Shalin