[Omen] MEETING/SUBMISSIONS/LAYOUT

jup97 at hampshire.edu jup97 at hampshire.edu
Mon Sep 15 21:43:29 EDT 2003

as is our tradition, (meaning we meet on the tuesday after an issue comes out)
the OMEN is meeting tomorrow at 9:00 in the KIVA. we'll go over the issue,
talk about next issue and deal with some of the practical stuff too, (i talked
to a lot of people today...).

submissions for next issue are due to me by 5pm saturday. email attachments
in .rtf for text and .jpg or .tiff for images. 20 pages right out of the gate
was pretty cool. we averaged 28 pages an issue last semester, and i think we
can do that again.

layout for next issue is 7pm saturday in the pub lab, dakin basement. the mold
has been taken care of and we can all feel at home again with our macs and
filing cabinet.

last issue was great. we managed to get it out on campus the same day as
signer training. other groups hadn't even met yet and we had already met, done
layout and distributed. this is why we rock. laurie is already doing a poll
for this issue, we already have a cover (and a cover for the third issue as
well) and we're going to throw another control panel together too. check out
the dailyjolt for some of the responses to last issue and the OMEN in general.

see you tomorrow night,

- j