[Omen] Let's begin!

Zole zole at zole.org
Wed Sep 11 09:22:17 EDT 2002

Well, thanks to Josiah Erikson, the Omen now has a mailing list among the
many at lists.hampshire.edu. I've subscribed everyone who was on the Omen's
old-fashioned e-mail list. Since the list is now automated, however, you
can remove yourself if you're not interested (instructions were in the
"welcome" message you were just sent). You can also send messages to the
list, so we can use it for discussion. This is pretty standard stuff for an
e-mail list, but now the *Omen* has one, so it's special.

Actual news: the real article deadline was pushed back last weekend. It is
now this Saturday at 7 PM, which is also the time layout starts. Feel free
to join us for layout, e-mail me presonally if you need directions to the
publications lab. Hopefully the powers that be will actually give us our
computers back.

More actual news: I whipped up a web page for the Omen. It's at
http://omen.hampshire.edu/ . Basically a FAQ, but it's better than nothing!

That's all, enjoy the list.
~Zole