New Leaf Volunteer/Work Opportunity: Kern Waste Monitoring

Sara Draper sdraper at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 22 14:40:44 EDT 2018

Hi New Leaf-ers,

Following on our conversation at last week's meeting (thanks for having
me, by the way!), I've organized a few opportunities to help educate
people on proper recycling/composting at the Kern Center- and I need
volunteers/student workers!

This Thursday October 25th and Monday October 29th will be waste
monitoring days at Kern. There's a spreadsheet linked here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FKtPYIly68RZJzkQIOLQcHJSez3Sb3tsLhxqoMuzTuo/edit?usp=sharing>
to sign up for times you can work a shift; I'd love to have coverage the
whole day. I'll provide signs (including Sydney's permanent
compost/recycling posters), info on what goes in each bin, and badges to
identify waste monitors so people know what we're up to. Of course, this
will also be a good opportunity to tell people more about New Leaf, so
feel free to bring any info or flyers for upcoming events.

I'm offering a free Kern coffee/tea for every shift as a small thank-you
(bring your own mug, of course). You can also get work study money for
your time via our Post-Landfill Action Network service contract; just
pick up a Federal Community Service Work Contract from the student
employment office upstairs in Kern, and bring it to your shift.

I hope to see a full roster of trash talkers to help educate our
community and make our Kern waste stream more sustainable. Feel free to
reach out with questions or concerns.

-Sara

--
Sara Draper
R.W. Kern Center Director of Educational Program and Outreach