New Leaf Fwd: Summer Job Opportunities Protecting the Environment

Tim Zimmerman tzimmerman at hampshire.edu
Fri May 4 21:25:03 EDT 2018

See below.
- Tim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Summer Job Opportunities Protecting the Environment
Date: 	Fri, 4 May 2018 19:53:51 -0400
From: 	Elizabeth Bean <elizabeth.bean at publicinterestnetwork.org>
To: 	TDZCS at hampshire.edu

*

Hi Professor Zimmerman,

I’m writing to let you know about summer opportunities for Amherst
students and asking for your help spreading the word. I know that we've
asked about this before, but we're doing our final recruitment push to
kick off our summer campaign and want to get the word out to as many
excited students as possible!

This summer, we’re running a campaign to prioritize ourWildlife Over
Waste
<https://environmentamerica.org/feature/ame/wildlife-over-waste>with
Environment Massachusetts. We’re looking for passionate, hard-working
people to join our summer staff so we can build citizen support in
communities across MA to pass a ban on polystyrene, or what most people
know as Styrofoam.

Could you pass along the email (below) to any students you know?

Thank you for your consideration and please let me know if you pass
along the email so we can keep track of our outreach!

If you know of other people or places for us to advertise, I’d be happy
to hear any advice you have.

Elizabeth Bean

Citizen Outreach Director

(270) 860-3863 (cell)

Environment Massachusetts
<http://www.environmentmassachusetts.org/home>is a project of
Environment America. We are a citizen based environmental advocacy
organization operating at the state and national level. Our staff and
members work to protect the places we love, advance the environmental
values we share, and win real results for our environment.

EMAIL FOR STUDENTS:

Learn more about paid summer positions working for Environment
Massachusetts!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSt3GsHprJPnCLTt10OSfBTzvEdeliVskBj4RY_kbJu6dnZw/viewform>

Our Wildlife Over Waste Campaign:

Every day people are throwing away tons of single-use cups, containers
and other plastic “stuff.” Among the worst forms of plastic pollution is
polystyrene foam (the stuff most of us call Styrofoam), which never
fully degrades.Nothing we use for a few minutes should be allowed to
pollute our oceans and rivers and threaten wildlife for centuries.
Already, 27 towns and cities in MA have passed some sort of ban on
polystyrene. But there's still more work to be done!

That’s why we’re calling on state leaders to ban take-out foam cups and
containers.

Our summer campaign staffgain real leadership experience by helping to
manage staff, generating grassroots support from citizens, fundraising
for the campaign, and participating in campaign actions like petitioning
at farmer’s markets and attending lobby meetings. As a summer campaigner
you can earn an average of $6,000-$8,000 for the summer, working for
something you believe in and building long-lasting relationships with a
team of people from across the country who share your interests and
concerns on important issues!

Find out more by completing our interest form online
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSt3GsHprJPnCLTt10OSfBTzvEdeliVskBj4RY_kbJu6dnZw/viewform>and
a Director will give you a call.*

--
Elizabeth Bean