New Leaf Screening of AWAKE: A Dream from Standing Rock

Sara Draper sdraper at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 4 11:08:12 EST 2018

Thursday, December 6, 2018 - 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Kern Center- Taylor Meeting Room

Join Assistant Professor of Native American Studies & Environmental
Justice Ashley Smith at the Kern Center for a screening and discussion
of AWAKE: A Dream from Standing Rock <https://awakethefilm.org/>, a
documentary about the indigenous-led protests of the Dakota Access
Pipeline in 2016. Pizza and snacks will be provided (GF/vegan options too).

"/The Water Protectors at Standing Rock captured world attention through
their peaceful resistance. While many may know the details, /AWAKE, A
Dream from Standing Rock/ captures the story of Native-led defiance that
forever changed the fight for clean water, our environment and the
future of our planet. The film is a collab­oration between Indigenous
filmmakers, Director Myron Dewey, Executive Producer Doug Good Feather
and environmental Oscar Nominated filmmakers Josh Fox and James Spione.
It is a labor of love to support the peaceful movement of the
water protectors./" - AWAKE film site

--
Sara Draper
R.W. Kern Center Director of Educational Program and Outreach