New Leaf meeting in an hour or so -- 7pm!

Sara Brown sgb13 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 11 17:51:48 EDT 2017

Hiya New Leaf,

We are meeting 7-8pm in the Roos-Rhode House as per usual on this Wednesday
evening. Unfortunately we won't have dinner tonight, sorry :(

Please share the following message widely with your networks about the
Eco-Mixer coming up this Friday the 13th!

*If you are receiving this email it is because you have been noted as
someone interested in environmental justice, environmental activism,
environmental education, the natural sciences, and/ or the impacts of
climate change. If you fit any or all of those interests, then you may be
interested in this years annual Five-College Eco-Mixer. New Leaf will be
hosting this year's mixer with SCOPES (the five college students of color
in STEM & Environmental Justice). It will be located in the community
garden adjacent to the Roos Rhode House this Friday, October 13th from 4:30
to 7:30. We will have dinner along with using the Cobb oven to make
homemade pizzas. The discussion will be focused on what Hampshire College
and other five college student groups can do to create a more inclusive and
aware dialogue about the impacts of climate change on marginalized folks.
We are hoping that you could help spread the word about this event in
classrooms, meetings, and student groups to make sure people are aware of
this event. *
*We also have a facebook
event: https://www.facebook.com/events/525811721099848/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/525811721099848/> *

If you are able to and would like to help out, we definitely need
volunteers to help make this event happen!! Show up at the meeting tonight
and find out how you can get involved with set-up, cooking, clean up, arts
and crafts, games and entertainment, music and anything else you may be
interested in making happen. If you can't attend but would like to help
please email hampshirenewleaf at gmail.com. Thanks!

Also -- Madhu is looking for content for the New Leaf website - so please
send to hampshirenewleaf at gmail.com any and all environmental papers, art
and film (and whatever else you can think of) asap. Also, please send in a
3 sentence bio (pronouns, area of study, and any other facts about you.)

Lastly, are you looking to get far, far away from campus on the first
weekend of November? Luckily, there is a Students for Zero Waste Conference
hosted by the Post Landfill Action Network coming up Friday November
3rd-Saturday November 4th in Philadelphia PA with other students from
around the northeast!! Contact sgb13 at hampshire.edu to register **for free**
and find opportunities to carpool with zero waste buddies at UMass Amherst,
Mount Holyoke, etc.
http://www.postlandfill.org/szw17/

See you soon,
Sara Brown & Signers