New Leaf Fwd: eeNEWS for November 30, 2017

Tim Zimmerman tzimmerman at hampshire.edu
Fri Dec 1 16:30:38 EST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	eeNEWS for November 30, 2017
Date: 	Thu, 30 Nov 2017 19:30:31 +0000
From: 	NAAEE eeNEWS <maryo at naaee.org>
To: 	Dr. Timothy Zimmerman <tzimmerman at hampshire.edu>

eeNEWS: The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee
community 	Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<https://naaee.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=835>.

eeNEWS

/The latest news, resources, and opportunities in the ee community/

	Subscribe
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8732&qid=2784207>  |
Join NAAEE
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8733&qid=2784207>

eePRO
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8734&qid=2784207>
	Facebook
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8735&qid=2784207>
	Twitter
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8736&qid=2784207>
	LinkedIn
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8737&qid=2784207>
	Instgram
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8738&qid=2784207>
	YouTube
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8739&qid=2784207>

<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8740&qid=2784207>

/*Members Edition*/

    Mark Your Calendars for NAAEE 2018 in Spokane, Washington!

*Research Symposium:* October 9–10
*Conference*: October 10–13

*2017 Proceedings: *Add your sessions to the proceedings and initiate
related discussions in eePRO groups *by December 31*. Learn more
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8741&qid=2784207> and
start here >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8742&qid=2784207>

      New Approaches to Public Engagement: Seeking Relevance,
      Response-ability and Resilience

*December 12, 4:00 PM ET*
Please join us for the December installment of NAAEE's monthly webinar
series with Curtis Ogden of the Interaction Institute for Social Change.

Read more >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8743&qid=2784207>

Cover of Nature Preschools National Survey Report

      Nature Preschools, Kindergartens at Record Numbers in the U.S.

Results from the Natural Start Alliance 2017 survey identified 250+
nature preschools and kindergartens across the country, showing a 66%
increase since the previous year.

Read more >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8744&qid=2784207>

      Connecting to Nature: The Bird Feeder Story

Bird feeding is one way to connect us to the natural world and to learn
informally or formally. NAAEE eePRO group moderator Joe Baust shares his
humorous story of problem solving and uncanny lessons.

Read more >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8745&qid=2784207>

https://cdn.naaee.org/system/files/eepro/learning/files/accreditation_manuel_1.17.pdf

      Calling All College and University Programs! Accreditation Workshop

Have you been considering accreditation for your higher education
program? Participate in this workshop to get your questions answered.

Read more >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8746&qid=2784207>

      Act Now for EE

Visit ActNowforEE.org to help shape an action plan for EE for the next
10 years.

Read more >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8747&qid=2784207>

      NAAEE is Building a Higher Education Database: We Need Your Help!

We are in the process of creating a higher education database in eePRO.
Please help us by answering five questions about higher ed and EE.

Take our short survey
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8748&qid=2784207>

      Help Shape the 2018 Monthly Webinar Series

>From biodiversity to citizen science, storytelling to growing social
movements, we hope our 2017 webinar series brought you new ideas for
increasing the impact of your work. Help us bring in a new year of
bright ideas and innovative thinking by contributing your thoughts and
suggestions for the 2018 monthly webinar series. Your feedback will help
shape the webinar series and ensure that we continue to expand our
thinking and provide EE professionals with the latest cutting edge
research, strategies, and resources!

Take the 2-minute survey!
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8749&qid=2784207>

    /From the eePRO Community/

         LEARNING

        Professional Development

MITS 2018 Professional Development Seminar Series
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8750&qid=2784207>

Spring 2018 Wilderness Management Distance Education Course
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8751&qid=2784207>

New Approaches to Public Engagement: Seeking Relevance, Response-ability
and Resilience
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8752&qid=2784207>

University of Illinois: Spring 2018 Graduate Courses
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8753&qid=2784207>

BEETLES Leadership Institute
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8754&qid=2784207>

The GLOBE Program: Costa Rica Jungles Peaks and Shores
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8755&qid=2784207>

More >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8756&qid=2784207>

         OPPORTUNITIES

        Grants, Contests, Publishing

2018 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School Nominations Open
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8757&qid=2784207>

Help Us Build the eePRO Higher Education Database
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8758&qid=2784207>

NOAA Funding Opportunity: Environmental Literacy Grants
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8759&qid=2784207>

Young Ocean Leaders Wanted
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8760&qid=2784207>

My Waste My Way: Fulbright - National Geographic Storytelling Contest 2
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8761&qid=2784207>

Call for Abstracts for the 2018 National Environmental Justice
Conference and Training Program
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8762&qid=2784207>

More >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8763&qid=2784207>

         RESOURCES

        For Students and Educators

Ecological Understanding as a Guideline for Evaluation of Nonformal
Education (EUGENE)
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8764&qid=2784207>

Climate Change and the Future of Michigan Cherries
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8765&qid=2784207>

'Food For Change: The Story of Cooperation in America' documentary
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8766&qid=2784207>

REI's The Path Ahead: The Future of Life Outdoors
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8767&qid=2784207>

More >
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8768&qid=2784207>

	/Join NAAEE’s eePRO community
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8734&qid=2784207>
to network with environmental education professionals around the world./

	2000 P St. NW
Suite 540
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-0412

This email bulletin is provided by NAAEE
<https://naaee.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8740&qid=2784207> under
Assistance Agreement No. NT 83695801 awarded by the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency. It has not been formally reviewed by EPA. The views
expressed in this document are solely those of the North American
Association for Environmental Education and EPA does not endorse any
products or commercial services mentioned in this publication.

unsubscribe from this list
<https://naaee.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7875&qid=2784207&h=288936011ce47aca>
opt-out of all future mailings
<https://naaee.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7875&qid=2784207&h=288936011ce47aca>