GardenFest Saturday 12pm-5pm

Sara Brown sgb13 at hampshire.edu
Fri May 6 21:23:21 EDT 2016

Hey garden lovers, come to tomorrow's GardenFEST!

Come join us 12-5pm at the Greenwich Forest Garden to shed the stresses of
the spring and help steward our community food / medicine resources and
foster biodiversity.

We'll be doing work in the garden, moving mulch, transplanting yummy
perennials, drinking fresh garden herb tea and eating food by the fire.
This will be a chance to learn about how to harvest plants from the garden
so you can come back next year with confidence to forage in the garden.

The Fest is an opportunity to learn about my Div III project that
established the garden in 2009. Most exciting, I'll be sharing ideas from a
current initiative proposing creation of an Ecological Design and Inquiry
program at Hampshire. I'll be meeting with Jonathan Lash in the near future
to discuss the networks that can support this future program.

The space looks SO different from the last GardenFest event..there are lots
of flowers in bloom right now and things to nibble, smell and touch. The
bulbs that some of you planted in the Fall GardenFest have been popping up
in vivid purple!

-Ned Phillip-Jones