[Climate Justice] Environmental Committee Position Opening!

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Fri Jan 24 13:15:40 EST 2014

Hello All,

I'm just emailing people who might have some interest in being a part
of Hampshire's Environmental Committee.  I'm in my final semester of
Div III and need to put the bulk of my focus on finishing my work for
that, and as a result I've decided not to continue as a member of the
committee.  The Environmental Committee consists of student, faculty,
and staff representatives and is charged with reducing Hampshire's
carbon footprint and other waste, and developing ways to integrate
sustainability into campus life and curriculum.  It's a great
opportunity to work with a variety of perspectives on the
institutional level, and to contribute to some important projects.

The key project in need of support now is the initiative to design a
working, long-term solution to the end-of-year move out waste problem,
which last May took the form of a trailer stationed in the Enfield
parking lot to collect donations - a temporary solution that can be
further developed in time for this year's move-out.

The Committee meets once every other week.  For more info, please feel
free to email me or read more at
http://www.hampshire.edu/discover/25015.htm and
https://hampedia.org/wiki/Environmental_Committee

There are actually two spots open now, so if you have any interest
please email me.  Or, if you know someone else who might be
interested, please consider forwarding this to them.

Thanks!

Joshua Reynolds
Environmental Studies
Candidate for Bachelor of Arts 2014