[Climate Justice] PLEASE READ: General Assembly Meeting 2.0

Alec Blockis alb11 at hampshire.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:26:15 EDT 2014

Hey Y'all!

We're hoping to have another General Assembly meeting before the
semester is over, and so far Sunday April 13th at 3:00pm looks like the
best time. It is after the CLPP conference, which is over at 12:45. Does
this time work for people?  We're trying to get both identity-based and
activist groups involved so all these student groups can share their
projects/needs in order to garner help and support from one another.  If
y'all are interested, please try and send 1-2 representatives from each
of your groups.

GA Signers

P.S.  If you weren't at the last meeting, here's our mission statement:

    "The General Assembly recognizes that Hampshire's politically active
    students are diverse in their identities and their focuses.
    Therefore, the General Assembly's mission is to provide a forum for
    fostering community and connections, while encouraging students to
    share tools and skills they have developed for organizing. Our
    platform is intended to help groups of students support and
    collaborate with each other in order to provide a space for more
    intersectional and concerted activisms both on and off campus. This
    group will organize several meetings each semester where
    students---in a space of solidarity, respect, and sensitivity---can
    discuss their current projects in the hopes of fostering greater
    cooperation. We believe that by organizing spaces where difference
    and diversity are appreciated and respected, the goals of all those
    involved stand to benefit."