[Newleaf] Volunteers Needed for Move-Out Donation Project!

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Sat May 4 00:10:50 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Hope everyone's making progress with their finals! (and congrats to
Div IIIs who are done!)

If you are staying on campus for a while, please consider giving 90
minutes of your time to help divert clothing and appliances out of
landfills and into the hands of people who can reuse them.

Hampshire College had not organized any official donations plan to
address the large amounts of personal belongings that will inevitably
end up in the trash after commencement weekend. I am co-organizing a
donation opportunity with the environmental committee, and hopefully
it will help to make donations more convenient to students.

Two large trailers will be located at the Enfield Parking Lot
beginning May 6 so that students can place reusable but unwanted items
in them to donate. We are looking for people to staff the trailers
from 3 PM to 6 PM daily through Friday, May 17. Saturday, May 18 from
2 PM to 9 PM. And Sunday, May 19 from 9 AM to 12 PM. Each shift will
be an hour and a half and we hope to have four staff per shift.

WE NEED HELP FOR THIS!

If you want to lend your help to this cause, please sign up on the
doodle poll!

     http://doodle.com/bnwsp7rh759vgpem

Every shift makes a difference. This is a volunteer-driven process, so
it will only be as successful as we make it.  You can help
additionally by sharing this information with more people; invite your
friends to the Facebook page if you can!
https://www.facebook.com/events/529527327106275/

WHAT WILL BE ACCEPTED: please make sure all items are clean and in
working condition!

CLEAN clothing: in clear bags, which are available at the house offices
SMALL HOUSEWARES, in boxes. Includes lamps, pots, pans, dishware,
refrigerators, televisions, and working small appliances
No food will be accepted
No upholstered furniture. No mattresses or bedding.

If you have questions, please email me.

Thank you,

Josh